What is Acupressure?
Acupressure is the same thing as Acupuncture, except it is non-invasive (no needles). It is an energy balancing technique that has been commonly used in eastern countries for over 5000 years.
Acupressure is applying different types of pressure on certain energy points to balance, unblock, and direct the energy force in the meridians. “Meridians” are the channels running through your body that carry the energy, much like veins and arteries carry blood. When they become unbalanced (i.e. more in one than in another) illnesses, both physical and mental are more likely to happen. Having a down day? Balancing the meridians may help. Have cancer? Energizing the immune system, and redirecting energy can give your traditional sessions a real boost.
Massage moves energy, so various massage techniques are used to facilitate the acupressure. As well manipulating the muscles helps keep the mechanical structure of your body even, balanced, and aligned for your optimum health.
Acupressure combined with massage techniques is Tui Na.
I use Acupressure and Tui Na for 3 primary reasons:
• to evaluate what the body needs
• to release and replace emotions and beliefs (faster than you may imagine!)
• to energetically balance and clear the body for optimal health
Your session works best when we work together…it’s not something I’m going to “do” to you. You need to tell me what it is feeling like and when it feels like enough…this gives you the optimum benefit.
“Acupressure can BENEFIT YOU!”
Balanced Energy = Radiant Health
These are just a few examples of how Acupressure can benefit you:
• Builds the immune system,
• Balances energy to optimize the body’s natural ability to heal
• Assists in resolving emotional issues
• Strengthens muscles, tendons, joints, and bones
• Relieves muscle spasms
• Releases natural cortisone to reduce swelling and inflammation
• Releases endorphins necessary to increase energy or relieve pain
• Enhances mental clarity and calm required for focus in training & performance
• Resolves injuries more readily by increasing the blood supply
• Assists the body in removing toxins
• This all means ANY illness, pain, or emotional issues can be helped with acupressure and Tui Na
Click here to schedule your appointment
or call/text Jean at 585-230-6600